A new organizational chart was released today (Feb. 28, 2018) that results from a review prompted by the departure of David Duckworth, the City’s Corporate Services and Community Safety Director.
The new structure reorganizes City departments into four main functional areas: Civic Operations; Community and Protective Services; Development, Engineering, and Sustainability; and Corporate Services. The four departments are supported by Administration and Human Resources and Safety.
- Public Works and Utilities
- Capital Projects
- Facilities Operations
- Parks Operations
Community and Protective Services (Director: Byron McCorkell)
- Recreation Services
- Cultural Services, including Kamloops Museum & Archives
- Social and Community Development
- Community Safety and Enforcement
- Kamloops Fire Rescue
- Bylaw Services
Development, Engineering, and Sustainability (Director: Marvin Kwiatkowski)
- Building Inspection
- Real Estate
- Community Planning and Sustainability (with the addition of Parks Planning)
- Development and Subdivision
- Transportation (including Transit)
Corporate Services (Director: Kathy Humphrey)
- Information Technology
- Legislative Services
The changes take effect on March 3. The City said the restructure will result in some managers and staff being shifted to other departments and will provide annual savings ranging from $150,000 to $325,000.