The nomination period for school board candidates opens soon.
It runs from 9 a.m. on Aug. 30 to 4 p.m. on Sept. 9. Nominees require two qualified nominators from the electoral area where the nominee is running. Read more here.
The general local election for school trustees for the board of School District 73 (Kamloops-Thompson) will be held on Oct 15, 2022, the same day as civic elections.
School trustees are elected for a four-year term. The board of education for the Kamloops-Thompson district has nine trustees representing the following areas:
- Five trustees from Trustee Electoral Area 1 – Kamloops, being the City of Kamloops; and,
- One trustee for each of the following areas of the Thompson Nicola Regional District:
- Trustee Electoral Area 2 – North Thompson, including areas “A” Wells Gray Country and “B” Thompson Headwaters, including the District of Clearwater;
- Trustee Electoral Area 3 – Barriere/Little Fort, including area “O” Lower North Thompson, including the District of Barriere;
- Trustee Electoral Area 4 – Chase, including areas “L” and “P” Rivers and the Peaks, including Sun Rivers, the Village of Chase and the Mountain Resort Municipality of Sun Peaks, the Little Shuswap Band; and
- Trustee Electoral Area 5 – Logan Lake, including area “J” Copper Desert Country, including the District of Logan Lake.