Highlights from the City council meeting agenda for Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
- Council will receive a report from staff on public feedback on uses for the McArthur Island Park golf course. Most popular ideas were to leave it as a natural space, and for a disc golf course.
- Fifteen voting places will be available for the civic election on Saturday, Oct. 20, says a staff report. That’s down three voting places from 2014. The 2017 by-election had 12 voting places. There will be no mobile polls to visit care home locations. Mail ballot voting will be encouraged. “The newest and most advanced” voting machines will be used at polling stations.
- Council will consider a recommendation to submit a bid to host the 2020 Canada 55+ Games in Kamloops Aug. 25-28, 2020.
- A public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. in the Sandman Centre on cannabis sales regulations.
- A public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. in the Sandman Centre on a proposal to amend the zoning at Eagle Point golf course to allow a 70-space campground and a 30-unit resort.