The City of Kamloops has contracted Eagle Rock Construction to construct the new section of Grasslands Boulevard between Woodrush Drive and Cantle Drive, resulting in the completion of Grasslands Boulevard from Batchelor Drive to Westsyde Road.
Work is underway this week (April 12, 2017), with the expected completion by the end of summer.
In addition to the actual road construction, the project includes the following:
- construction of curb and gutter
- improved lighting and drainage
- a new water main and services
- closure of Alpine Terrace at Grasslands Boulevard
- turning restrictions off of Woodhaven Drive and McQueen Drive to improve safety at those intersections.
In conjunction with this project, a new traffic signal will be installed at Grasslands Boulevard and Westsyde Road.