A large quantity of drugs was seized and several suspects arrested in an intense two-day police action, Kamloops RCMP said today.
It was carried out Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov. 14 and 15, 2017) by the Kamloops RCMP Crime Reduction Unit and Targeted Enforcement Unit, with the assistance of ‘E’ Division CFSEU Gang Task Force.
For the purpose of disruption and enforcement, a large number of checks of people and vehicles were completed resulting in arrests and seizures. Synopsis:
- A large quantity of heroin and cocaine were seized after a vehicle stop that resulted in two arrest for Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking.
- A male being arrested for Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking after a vehicle stop with about 45 individual packages of cocaine were located and seized.
- 6 persons arrested with outstanding warrants.
- 3 were arrested in violation of conditions imposed on their probation orders.
- 2 vehicles were impounded when the drivers were found to be impaired by narcotics. The drivers were subsequently issued 24-hour driving prohibitions.
- 1 male was located driving while being suspended under the criminal code and Motor Vehicle Act. Vehicle was impounded and stolen property also recovered from this vehicle.
- Male located and arrested in reference to a bait car activation in which male is alleged to have taken property from the car. Second bait car activation in which a male stole items from within. Police are actively seeking out this male.
- Prohibited weapons seized.